Forget the chocolate syrup you find at your local grocers and make this super simple chocolate sauce instead. Made with ingredients you probably already have at home, this sauce is quick and simple to make.
This recipe uses only four ingredients: cocoa, chocolate, sugar and water.
To make it even easier, the ratio is equal parts of everything, so you can easily scale it up or down to make it for one or 100.
Expert Tip: You can substitute the water with coffee, orange juice etc if you'd like to switch things up.
- ¼ cup water, plus more if needed to thin the sauce out a bit
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa (Dutch-process cocoa preferred)
- ¼ cup finely chopped chocolate (70% cacao works great)
- ice cream, like 49 Below's Vanilla Bean or other pint club favs
- Bring about the water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat, add cocoa, and stir until smooth. Add chocolate and stir until very shiny. Add more water if needed.
- Strain it into an airtight container and store for or drizzle over ice cream or eat it with a spoon ;)